Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

"Upload" from Google Drive to Bubble

Hi, I am stuck and would appreciate a nudge in the right direction. I am using the Google Drive plugin to login a user and I can view all the files in their google drive. What I want to do now is have a way to “upload” one of those files from Google drive into my bubble database so anyone can see them. I’ve seen a lot of posts about uploading from Bubble to Google Drive but never the reverse. Please help!

Check out the Uploader plugin (https://bubble.is/plugin/uploader-bdk-1542315161624x547723000140267500) from @gaurav.

I just added it to one of my apps yesterday and it offers the feature of uploading from Google drive to Bubble.

Amazing plugin!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on the plugin @eli !

1 Like

This is a cool plugin. Is there a way to be able to upload to our Bubble storage using this plugin instead of UploadCare?

Also, did you find a way to customize the button appearance to launch the widget? It’s pretty ugly having that bright blue button…

This is an UploadCare widget so I think there is no other option besides using UC storage. But they have a free plan up to 1.5 GB and above that really great pricing. Definitely better than Bubble’s cost for storing images.

As far as adjusting the button, I added this CSS to the page html header. Should work for you as well, just adjust the size and colors to match your design.

<style>
 .uploadcare--widget__button {
    padding: 10px 20px;
    width: 177px;
    height: 98px;
    border-radius: 6px;

}

.uploadcare--widget__button_type_open {
    background: gray;
    color: #fff;
}

.uploadcare--widget__button_type_open:focus, .uploadcare--widget__button_type_open:hover {
    background: darkgray;
}
</style>

Looks like this:

And the button looks like this: