"Upload" from Google Drive to Bubble

Hi, I am stuck and would appreciate a nudge in the right direction. I am using the Google Drive plugin to login a user and I can view all the files in their google drive. What I want to do now is have a way to “upload” one of those files from Google drive into my bubble database so anyone can see them. I’ve seen a lot of posts about uploading from Bubble to Google Drive but never the reverse. Please help!

Check out the Uploader plugin (https://bubble.io/plugin/uploader-bdk-1542315161624x547723000140267500) from @gaurav.

I just added it to one of my apps yesterday and it offers the feature of uploading from Google drive to Bubble.

Amazing plugin!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on the plugin @eli !

1 Like

This is a cool plugin. Is there a way to be able to upload to our Bubble storage using this plugin instead of UploadCare?

Also, did you find a way to customize the button appearance to launch the widget? It’s pretty ugly having that bright blue button…

This is an UploadCare widget so I think there is no other option besides using UC storage. But they have a free plan up to 1.5 GB and above that really great pricing. Definitely better than Bubble’s cost for storing images.

As far as adjusting the button, I added this CSS to the page html header. Should work for you as well, just adjust the size and colors to match your design.

<style>
 .uploadcare--widget__button {
    padding: 10px 20px;
    width: 177px;
    height: 98px;
    border-radius: 6px;

}

.uploadcare--widget__button_type_open {
    background: gray;
    color: #fff;
}

.uploadcare--widget__button_type_open:focus, .uploadcare--widget__button_type_open:hover {
    background: darkgray;
}
</style>

Looks like this:

And the button looks like this:

Thanks for this. I ended up using javascript to “click” the button using another button. So I set the uploadcare button to 1x1 pixels and created my own button in Bubble to activate it.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.