šŸŒ URL Router for Navigation - New Free Plugin from Zeroqode

Iā€™m not 100% sure, Iā€™m just reading the documentation that says to select no when pushing to liveā€¦also when I have it set to no, nothing works.

because you probably havent deployed.
Set the dynamic value like i showed you, it should work, the option is there to stop navigation on /version-test, if you prefer to hide that to your users.

Looking at the zeroqode editor and the preview it seems they are changing the URL again on the page refresh, however, there isnā€™t anything in workflows for thisā€¦I just noticed that the alert message of a URL change has occurred showing when refreshing the page.

I am not deploying to liveā€¦I am testing the functionality in a ā€œtesterā€ appā€¦

after following your advice, I deployed it to live and reset the dynamic value like you showed

Here is a gif of what happens

live

It is the same issueā€¦when pressing refresh button in browser I am taken to the error screen

So in development mode and live mode I am experiencing the same issueā€¦got to be something that I am missing. Wish I could figure out what zeroqode did to get the functionality

im using the plugin here:

not sure whats wrong with your set up :mask:

Iā€™m not sure either. I was hoping the link to the editor would show the setup and somebody might be able to see the issue, or that it would be decided abnormal or buggy behavior

maybe somebody would see my error

Hello @boston85719

Let us check this out in your application. Weā€™ll be back to you asap.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

Hey @boston85719, I found a solution I guess, letā€™s try it, and let me know does it helped.

The solution is to add one more flow, on page load, with redirecting to website home url action.
I canā€™t to test it at your app cause the link is Read only.
But anyway it should help.

Thank you,
BR,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks for the suggestionā€¦that unfortunately didnā€™t make any difference

Here is a copy of the editor with everyone can edit

It is a basic app, has 3 groups with two buttons for back and forth and just attempting to change the URL which works, however the issue is when the page is refreshed it doesnā€™t direct back to the page in the state it should be

For example if the URL is on ā€œgroup 3ā€ and refresh the page, Iā€™d like that URL reading to bring the page back as it was on ā€œgroup 3ā€

Hey @boston85719, I will test few ideas now, and will be back of a matter ASAP.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Okay, Iā€™m not able to find the page url-path-groups into your app, I checked it twice here.

But as I checked at your page - urlpath is working fine with refresh action, the page URL is the same as it was after the refresh, that means that the problem is not with plugin, so on, please reproduce the page, or share with me another link where I will be able to test.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

@ZeroqodeSupport I just sent an email with the link to an new editor. The previous editor I made available to edit was changed by somebody.

Please let me know if you donā€™t receive the email.

Cheers

Hey @boston85719, thank you for the editor link, now the issue is solved, the problem was that you have changed the link with a mistake, this is how it was, and this is how it should be.

Your path was https://urlpathapplication.bubbleapps.io/version-test/url-path-group/group1, but the page url-path-group, doesnā€™t exist the existing page is url-path-groups.

I fixed it into your app.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Yes, I just smacked my forehead with an open palm. Thank you for taking the time to look at and spot that.

1 Like

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport, loving this plugin.

Just wanted to share a quick tip for those who use the Path list feature of the plugin (which is still useful even with Bubbleā€™s URL path as list feature, as the latter will not update when you use this plugin to manipulate the URL).

A challenge with the list is that it will return version-test as the second step when youā€™re in test mode, but not in live mode. So trying to isolate a specific # in the list will not work in the same way for both versions. As far as I can see, changing the Development version doesnā€™t change this behavior (Iā€™m not sure if this is intentional or not? May be a reason for this that Iā€™m missing.)

Solution
Anyway, to make the plugin behave in the same way in both dev and live version, use the Isnā€™t live version and format the yes/no boolean as numbers.

In this example, I want to return the page name, which would requite YES to be formatted as 3, and NO to be formatted as 2:

Not sure if it was @sudsy or @julienallard1 who first shared the boolean formatting tip, but Iā€™m starting to see uses for this all over the place. Thanks again for sharing that.

2 Likes

BTW, @ZeroqodeSupport, I have a feature request for this plugin, based on the short discussion in this thread.

Any chance you could include a setting to preserve the debug_mode=true parameter in the URL? As it is now, every time you manipulate the URL and refresh the page, the debugger will deactivate.

There are other ā€œsystemā€ URL parms as well (e.g., watch what happens when you preview w/o third-party plugins, etc. ā€¦ of course that may not be relevant here, but just pointing out that bubble does some special things based on paths and parameters, that are easy to work with, but one has to remember they are thereā€¦)

1 Like

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback, weā€™ll take a look at request to see how feasible is, however it may take some time before implementing it.
Thanks for understanding.
:pray:

1 Like

Still prefer Sudsy :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing this @petter ! :pray:

1 Like