Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Using Bubble backend(for Dropsource app) with Onesignal push notification?

Hi @emmanuel

I’ve already developed a native app with dropsource using Bubble as a backend and things went well.
Now, I want to automate the process of sending notification to my users when there is a change in my database.
However, the plugin available right now is for web-view app only (as I have tried).

So do you have any idea how I can implement or adjust the Onesignal push notification into my Bubble database?

The plugin creators haven’t answered me yet :frowning:

Hey @johnrukke, what do you mean by this? Which plugin are you talking about?
I use the plugin below and it works perfectly for me for sending push notifications to dropsource app.

After installing the plugin, you can call the send push notification action in an api workflow when making changes to your database or whatever event that should trigger the push notification.

@seanhoots Fortunately, I just found out couple minutes ago that I have to press 1 spacebar in url field in order to not open external browser on my device.

I’m trying to use dropsource and this onesignal plugin. How were you able to get the player id’s to save to your users?

You create a variable IDplayer in dropsource, when the main page in charging (or the landing page) , you get OSS susbcription status , assign the result to the IDplayer in dropsource.

On bubble, you create an API workflow to get the IDplayer from dropsource, and save the IDplayer to the user

Back to dropsource you start the API workflow

Thank you for the response. That is currently how I have it setup but it still isn’t populating the id for the user. I don’t know what i’m missing?

Any ideas?

I encountered this problem as well. I found out that some devices, the action ‘Get OneSignal ID’ doesn’t return user ID the first time this action is triggered. So, you have to provide many events that will trigger this action to make sure that OneSignal finally return the ID value, such as Page Resume, Button is tapped.

Try using a button and tap to get user ID. If it doesn’t return any ID, try tap that button multiple times and you might see it finally return.

This might be the reason that you don’t get user id.

Thanks i’ll put it in more places. The other thing that came to mind might be the authentication token. How did you go about setting this up?

I followed Dropsource tutorials and they showed how to set up authentication token. You can find it there.

The problem I’m running into is that the Dropsource documentation is for user authentication. I am not using that and just want to setup a token in bubble under settings to use. However I am getting an 401 error in the network log saying my token is invalid.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.