V1 launched - aiten loves food

Just launched my very first app built on bubble a few days ago.

I run an eHealth-startup focused on chronic disease (high blood pressure, diabetes etc) called aiten health.
A big part of most conditions is food, so I created the first companion app to go with our healthcare one.

If you have ever felt the “What’s for dinner?”-frustration this is something for you.
Check it here: https://food.aitenhealth.com

Feedback on all of it is most welcome.

cheers
/Anders

4 Likes

Congrats on the launch! I have limited experience with food apps, but the way it takes care of allergies, diets and then creates shopping lists seems neat! I like that it’s very few steps from finding a meal to having the shopping list ready.

You asked for feedback, so I’ve got a few points:

• I tested it on desktop and mobile, and assume this is a mobile product first and foremost. If you plan to allows users to use this on their own phone, I would make some adjustments to the responsiveness. Right now it seems like the width is fixed?

• For the icons on the bottom of the screen, at least as a first-time user, I’m missing some text, as they’re not fully self-explanatory

• 2 million recipes sounds great, but also a bit daunting with the limited filtering :slight_smile: maybe something tag-based could do the trick? I tried searching for “cucumber”, and got lots of results, but that may only be one ingredient that I wanted

• There’s a delay when you type a search, and not quite clear if it’s actually working – maybe some UX solution could make that more visible

Just my initial thoughts, I like the idea and execution!

Thank you for the feedback @petter
Minimal number of steps is the whole point - the smoother the better is my philosophy so really glad you liked that.

The whole responsive stuff is a bit of a mystery to me still, but I felt it better to get it out there in the wild so I can get feedback. Will continue to work on it.

Texts by the buttons - of course!

Great spot with the search taking a while. Hadn’t noticed that myself.
Will try and add a spinner or some such so ppl know things are happening.

Thanks so much for taking the time!

1 Like

Nice! It’s really impressive, in particular the number of recipes and the fact that you can extract the ingredients from each recipe for the shopping list, that’s really clever. Good luck with the launch!

1 Like

Looks cool, some nice work. Maybe remove fixed width so it can fit on other mobile devices but apart from that, looking good.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone.

I worked out some of the issues w responsiveness (still a bit fuzzy about how it works in tbh but it is at least better now) that were mentioned.
Also added text under the menu button icons (thx @petter for that one).

And modified a little on the graphical side of things after feedback from other sources.

New version is out!
Still free to use and no registration required. (premium features coming)

1 Like

Adding keto based meals would make me use this daily, Still nifty little app.

1 Like

There are actually quite a few keto-recipes in there out of the 2 million.
Personally I don’t do keto so haven’t tried any of them, but at least they’re there.
Just write keto + whatever else and you’ll get some recipes.

I’ll put keto on my list though and see if I can work something out to make it a bit easier and smoother.

Had to take this back to the source and see what could be done - and it turns out we could do it.
I’ve now added keto as a dietary option alongside vegan, vegetarian, paleo & pescetarian.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Released a new version (again) of our food app yesterday.

Keto and other varieties are already there but now you can also show only e.g. low-fat, low-sodium, low-carb type recipes.

2 Likes

We are still updating the app on a regular basis and now we have some new things available:

• Want mexican, italian, indian or american…pick your cuisine (18 to choose from)
  • Looking for a specific diet (low-sodium, high-fiber etc); just use the diet filter
  • Don’t know what to search for (I always ended up searching for chicken) then use our handy search phrase randomizer
  • See your calorie consumption over time (per meal plan, shown when you have 2 meal plans completed)

Next up is signup/signin followed by the first premium-feature.