What are the primary differences between the Stripe plugin by Bubble and Stripe.js by cobubble?

@cowontherun I haven’t had a problem with it either. I also added this nice plugin to remove the ugly buttons as well. Cleans it up nicely. Just add the plugin and that’s it. No-brainer.

Just tested a one time payment. No problem at all.

1 Like

Definitely doesn’t work for me at all and Support expressed no interest in investigating the reported bug and said the Pay button floating on its own out of viewport was not a bug.

All I did on a new blank page was add my Stripe api info into plugin and add a button then attach the Charge User action, then checked on mobile, the plugin fix just brought up a tooltip and nothing else - will look at again when I get out of the office - it is obviously working for others on mobile.

But that is a screenshot of a Pay button - the UI flow is supposed to display checkout fields. You can’t use it like that in an app and be taken seriously.

The copilot Stripe plugin looks good since you just build from scratch.

If by App you mean - Mobile App - I agree, the UI\UX could be better.
But it works :slightly_smiling_face: so your original post is a bit misleading.

Copilot’s plugin is brilliant, and there’s a ton of work that the team is putting into it.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone, don’t get me wrong :slight_smile:

Just there’s a difference between “it looks weird” and “it is not working at all”.

I’m saying all that because this post made me start sweating, drop everything and immediately go test my mobile checkout flow because it’s kind of a big deal to me :slight_smile:

I’m sure it is as well for some people, so just saying that it’s not entirely correct.

P.S. There’s even a bigger problem with this default Stripe plugin when you put it into native container, but that’s a different story :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good points about you going to check your phone after my post but I don’t think a single Pay button displaying on an overlay is only poor UX, I think it definitely merits ‘doesn’t work’ as it fails to display payment fields as per Stripe documentation. In addition for me, a Pay button doesn’t even display in viewport in either iPad Air or iPhone 5s so to the user all that happens is the screen goes dark. Which device are you using? At work here I have a whole bank of Android and iOS devices to test on. Can you pm me your app to test at all?

It’s https://lab.zeroqode.com :slight_smile:

And I am using my iPhone 7 Plus to test.
Should be pretty similar experience on bigger screens (iPads), but worth double-checking.

Smaller ones though are definitely to be checked if that’s the case.

This sucks, but I hope the plugin that @J805 suggested will do the trick as an immediate solution while you redo your workflows with stripe.js

When I go to the lab section it displays a subscribe button so I looked around for something to pay instead, went to templates but doesn’t recognise lab login details? Where is Pay button in lab section I can try out?

Go for Lifetime :slight_smile:

It’s a one-time payment.

Ok if it charges me, refund me!

Would be great if you could get to the payment step and stop there to save the refund hassle if you don’t intend to use it further :wink:

Otherwise - be our guest :slight_smile:

I think I’ve purchased from you before so wasn’t sure if Stripe would skip a few steps like it can with existing customers.

Loads a Pay button in middle of viewport in Safari - will look at other browsers tomorrow but yours shows in view on 5s.

Are you just using the normal mobile version of your page set to 380px width?

Yep, normal everything :slight_smile:

Will double-check the exact dimensions, but I’m sure we did not do any extra stuff specifically for this to work.

I was sweating too. I’ve had the original plugin for a couple years, and it has processed a large volume of transactions with around 30-40% on mobile. And yesterday was a particularly busy day,

So I double checked on mine and the button always shows on an Android and iPhone 5, multiple browsers. It’s definitely not an ideal UI but is getting the job done for now.

Maybe the page @cowontherun put the button on wasn’t setup for responsive? Causing the Stripe popup overlay to show outside the viewport

1 Like

Possibly, I’ll check tomorrow but I would have thought Bubble Support would pick that up.