Why close a topic automatically in xx days?

A couple of times a was reading a Topic and wanted to react with a question or a solution but couldn’t do it because it was closed. What is the idea behind automatically closing topics?

What is better? Starting a new topic or adding to an existing one?

You could always ask a mod to re-open ?

1 Like

The idea is that sometime some topics are out of date (bug, workaround for a missing feature that we now have, etc). It’s not perfect, and some topics never get out of date (though the vast majority does when a product revolves quickly like Bubble), and in that can a moderator should be able to reopen. Another option is to open a new one with a link to the old one.

4 Likes

Honestly I think the amount of times I’ve found older (2-4 years old) topics that are still relevant, never answered, and yet were closed FAR outnumber the times I’ve seen topics that simply aren’t relevant/applicable anymore. I’d love to see this limit removed entirely in favor of an option to just stop notifying the original poster of replies if X days/months have passed.

I’ve wasted SO much time trying to find topics with answers because there are an insane amount of topics out there that simply don’t have responses but were closed after a while, so they just linger in the Forum cluttering it up and making it harder to find solutions. If we were allowed to respond to old topics, maybe that would at least make the Forum more useful overall. I for one would be happy to respond to older threads when I come across them and save someone else the headache of wasting so much time searching for answers.

At the VERY least, it would be nice if topics were outright deleted if they were closed with zero responses. Not that helpful to simply see someone’s unanswered post.

2 Likes