ZeroQode.com - New Plugins & Templates for Bubble

Hi Levon
Love the sheetsu plugin but having thouble with reading data from a google sheet (writing seems to be easy with the work flow for Sheetsu). I tried reading using repeating group without much success (returns blank values). Could you post an example or some other resource (basically centered around reading specific values from a Google Sheet)
Thanks
Kunal

Hi Kunal,
can you share some screenshots here, of how you configure the plugin and repeating group?

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

c6688372752f4234938c3c4d11fbfa761509eb1f

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-ĐĄode Development Services

Hi Levon

Here are the screen shots of what i tried to do. I set up a repeating group and set option as “Sheetsu Retrieve particular Sheet” as well as Column Name / Search Value option.
In the repeating group the only two option seem to be "Current Cell’s Index " - which is working fine and retrrives the index values (1,2,3,4…etc in the repeating group). But how do i retrieve specific values / entire rows in order to the bubble front end?

hi Kunal!

Do you mind also sharing the link to the google sheet you are using? Or at least a screenshot of how the data is structured there?

In Gsheet-Sheetsu integration, the way you have structured your data in Gsheet is equally important, so it would help us to understand what you possibly need adjusted.

EDIT: But the most probable solution is that you just need to adjust the type of data on your Repeating group, maybe a link to the editor would be something you can share?

Thanks!

Vlad Larin
Co-Founder @ Zeroqode

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hi Vlad
Please find below the link to the g sheet

Here is the editor link (u name / password- admin / admin)

Thanks for your help
Kunal

Hi Vlad
Could you provide any short example app for google sheet sheetsu plugin example with read / write / delete / put. This could be posted in forum app - https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=forumapp3&tab=tabs-1

This will become a great future reference.

Thanks!

Hi Kunal,
why don’t you use Read entire spreadsheet when you want to see all the records?
make sure though that your spreadsheet’s first row contains the column names - those would be recognized as data fields by Sheetsu.
If it doesn’t work, please post some additional screenshots how you set it up, because the screenshots you posted are for the “search the sheet” call. They return the specific row where the value you put in the “search_value” parameter is found in the column that you indicate in “column_name” parameter

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hello,
Can you please explain why there are two groups of the same things on instructor_profile page?

Thanks!

Kunal, sorry for taking some time to get back to you.
I tried to check the link to your app yesterday, but looks like you did not make it public, so I could not take a look at the actual logic.

Again, my best guess is that you are making the repeating group and setting the source of the data on the wrong level.

In your example, see that you are referring to Repeating Group Search the Sheet’s LIST OF SEARCH THE SHEETS, and you see the fields available.

If I were you I would try to change the repeating group source to the second level item (Sheetsu - Search the sheet List of Sheets (or something like that, depending on your syntax), so that you are able to access the actual objects in the list, same as you do on your last example.

Let me know if this works, please.

hi Andrei!

We’ll check it out with the team tomorrow in the office, and will reply to you with a PM with the details.

1 Like

thank you.

Hi Levon
Providing a copy of the app to you. Seems like it just retrieves the conditions (Is name X etc and there seems to be no option to retrieve the actual value). Link to app - Payment Gateway Fees Calculator | Bubble Editor

Tried pretty much all combinations to read the row elements - which i can coz i get Boolean responses (yes, no) but not the actual values. Below is a screen shot (only option i get is search the sheet - Name and then a bunch of dates right till 31st Dec 2017)

Hi Levon
Problem was with the sheet. Maybe cant read and write from the same sheet? Just made a new sheet and the basic operations are now working. (Bit of a hack but works for me - maybe something related to design?) Here is the screen shot for everyone’s benefit (Not a repeating group but just a simple text element)

1 Like

Glad you got this figured out!

The only requirement to the sheet from Sheetsu’s perspective is for it to have the very first row as column names, and for it to be accessible for read&write to your google user which you use to register in Sheetsu.

However, nobody’s perfect - maybe there was something on Sheetsu’s side that made this work weird (happens to everyone) - usually their support is also quite responsive for those situations.

So in case you need anything else - let us know.

Hi Andrei,
we’ve checked the issue, seems one of the group has been left there by mistake and is obsolete.
So you can simply delete the group called “Group Listing main past 2”
but while checking this issue we’ve also noticed a few inaccuracies on the same page and on the “booking” page. we have deployed them in the template but you’ll need to do the fixes manually otherwise you’ll have to start your modifcations you already made from scratch which I guess you wouldn’t want to do.
So please simply create a new app with the latest version of the template. Then open the new app and your existing app and then copy paste the new configuration one by one (you need to copy 1. the data source (if it’s a repeating group) 2. visible or not by deafult parameter 3. and the condition in the “condiitional formatting” tab" of the element
So basically you would need to check the following elements
On the Instructor Profile Page:

1. Repeating Group Upcoming booking
  2. inside that repeating group “Group Listing main”
  3. Group “No Bookings”
  4. Repeating Group Past Bookings
  5. Inside that repeating group “Group Booking Listing Past”

On the Booking Page
Same list of elements as above (but the conditions are different so don’t copy them from the instructor_profile page

Hope this helps and sorry for the trouble.

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

1 Like

Thanks. I did see that the bookings had some issues, but I didn’t get there yet, I was working on something else.
I will create a new app and do as you instructed.
thanks

1 Like

we have deployed them in the template but you’ll need to do the fixes manually otherwise you’ll have to start your modifcations you already made from scratch which I guess you wouldn’t want to do.

IDK how to notify admins here @sqis @dev.admin @Mischelle @nomadapp @ssbramson @diddo like this?
Maybe we can implement a feature for template similar to how the editing works here?
When clicked on the edited icon, it will show the differences between the original page in the template and the updated one. So when an update is being deployed, the user can be notified, showing the differences. In this case the user can just click on the one that it want to keep and press submit changes.
Anyone else feels like this is a good idea?

L.E. not only to click on the accepted difference, but also be able to edit the code right there. So if it’s better to use some functionality from the updated code but still keep some of the old, you can edit it there before hitting submit/save changes.

@levon am facing some issues now as I changed ‘instructor’ to ‘business’ so deniedbyinstructor will become deniedbybusiness. L.E. solved.
Any way to replace all fo them at once, like a search and replace instrucrtor with business?

to notify the admins you can simply mention @Bubble . But the best would be to create a new post in the “idea” category. The idea is good of course, however it may take time to implement - Bubble team would have to consider it and give a certain priority to it.

1 Like

If you rename a database field name - the changes should get reflected everywhere in the app. So instead of deleting “deniedbyinstructor” and adding “deniedbybusiness” simply rename “deniedbyinstructor” to “deniedbybusiness” - that will save you tons of time.
makes sense?

Levon
Founder @ Zeroqode

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses