Append API data into second bubble app and vise-versa?

Hi All,

I have two apps on bubble. App 1 is my main app where users use the service. App 2 is for myself and my employees.

In simple terms, I have an API workflow that sends the users sign up data from App 1 to App 2, which creates a new ‘thing’ so that myself and my employee’s have the users information.

My question is: If a user makes a change, let’s say changes their billing preferences, how do I send that data to App 2 without creating a new user record?

And vise-versa: If an employee of mine makes a change in App 2, let’s say to the users ‘enabled’ status, how do I append the changes back to App 1 without creating a new user record? Can this be done/cross compatible?

Any help is appreciated!

@fayewatson, hope you don’t mind including you, as you helped me tremendously yesterday with the drop down question.

Thanks,
Brandon

You need to have a unique key (you can use the bubble unique ID) and store this information to App2
In your API workflow the first flow will Create a new thing (IF, do a search for user where Unique ID = Unique ID) first item is empty
Second step will update thing, Do a search user where unique ID = unique ID: first thing.
You can also use any other unique information like email. But think that if your user can change email, this will cause issue.

1 Like

Hi @Jici -

I’ve tried to implement using the unique id but can’t seem to get it right. :thinking:

@Jici Nevermind I got it! That worked, thank you so much!

1 Like