Bubble Data API through WebSocket

I know I can use the Data API to request data, but is there any way to get the data in realtime through any kind of web socket?

4 Likes

Websockets and GraphQL would be two very interesting additions to bubble.

3 Likes

++ any developer want to do this plugin on sponsorship basis?

2 Likes

Not possible. It depends on the Bubble internal code to expose us a WebSocket server. Use case is to be able to interact with Bubble DB in real-time from applications that are not built with Bubble. Basically the Data API over WebSocket instead of HTTP only.

Agreed. Bubble using GraphQL would be a dream.

From Bubble apps perspective, they would have faster and more powerful ā€œSearch for Thingsā€ because a bunch of stuff could be returned from a single request to Bubble servers. From external apps perspective, they would be able to use Subscriptions to work with real-time data. :heart_eyes:

@emmanuel

Does anyone have some news about this? Is GraphQL or WebSocket a reality already?

I could use it to improve the payment system of my app, letting the React Native deal with the Appleā€™s payment process instead of Bubble over a WebView layer.

Waiting for this too!!

Still waiting

1 Like

It is possible to get data through the websocket as a client, but unfortunately it is not possible to create the webscoket server through the bubble because the server would need permission to listen to the connection port.

Having a Web Socket option would be great

1 Like