How to send a popup

I’m trying to make it so that when someone clicks a button a menu appears where they can select a specific user of my app by an identifier and send them a message which would pop up on their screen while they’re using the app as well. How would I go about this?

Thanks,

~Justin R

Hi @texturelymods - you could add a “Do when condition is true” Event. When it’s true, have the workflow change a data field of the target user. I created a Data Field called Popup (type text) with default value of “no”. When you want the popup to open for that user, change the value of Popup for them to “yes” and the popup will open for them.

Depending on the UX, you may want to change “Run this” to “Every Time” and/or reset the value of Popup to “no” when the popup is closed.

1 Like

@nikolai’s approach is the way to go. To expand one small point, Bubble has an oft forgot about action called “When a popup is closed”

So, say a user clicks out of the popup, or they click a submit button that closes a popup. You can use the “When a popup is closed” action to make sure that a change uniformly occurs (Ie. setting the boolean value back to “no”).

2 Likes

Hi @texturelymods - I created two how-to videos that may be helpful. One is a simpler design for sending one pop-up to a recipient. The second is a use-case where multiple people are sending popup messages to a recipient. For each scenario I also show how to send custom messages or standard (or “canned”) messages.

Popup for Single message

Popup for Multiple messages

1 Like

Thank you this helped a lot. But I’m still having some issues.

1. My drop down doesn’t show my users,
    and 2) The button I made to take me to the page I used for messages
    takes me back to my home screen. Any ideas?

Thanks,

~Justin

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.