"Intersect with" not filtering as expect

Hey everyone!

I’m trying to:

• Get stored list of slugs from the local storage :white_check_mark:
  • Intersect this with a list of Lists :x:

I’ve tried everything I could possible imagine and I ended up with an advanced field that filters correctly if there’s only one value in the localStorage slug list. But not results if there’s more than 1 item.

Query:

localStorage:

I’m new to Bubble and thought doing something like this would be simple but I’ve been stuck for 2 days on this. I’ve searched the forum and couldn’t find any solution.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi,

I think that Intersec with needs 2 lists to work well.
And the last expression is a Y/N - count is not 0

Try apply intersec from search for list directly without use Advanced.

Good luck :slight_smile:

That makes a lot more sense and now I actually can the see the values from the search. But still no luck intersecting with the list.

Updated the workflow:

But nothing shows up in the “intersect with” step:

And again if I try with only one value it works. I guess I’m still not formatting the LocalStorage as a list but have no idea how to do it.

Thanks for your reply!! Helps a lot!

Almost got it to work by using the arbitary text parameter

But now it only intersects with the first item of the list… :confused:

1 Like

Hi,

Good approach with split by. Try a convert to lis after it. Just trying…

I did it!! :smile:

The problem was that when spliting the list I always got a blank space before the word… :man_shrugging: and trimming also didn’t work.

So I saw I created a regex formula to extract the values from the arbitrary text that excludes spaces and commas and voila! I got it! Final step was to use an advanced filter to convert it to a List list.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help and just l will just leave this here in case anyone needs it:

Regex formula: [\w]+

1 Like

I am glad to know it works!!