Kanban style dash?

Hi Guys, so I am pretty new to Bubble, but I am slowly learning the concepts. I got stuck when I tried to create a Kanban style dash so I would appreciate some help. Here is what’s happening so far:

The system I am designing is a customer complaint management system.

1. First, an employee enters a customer complaint received and the data goes into a table known as “Customer complaints main”. This contains some simple data including customer name, customer email, and the nature of the complaint. In addition to that I have a created a yes/no field called “Solved?”. So when the complaint has been resolved, this column would say yes next to the complaint.

So basically, I want to design a kanban whereby a user can simply drag and drop a complaint into a drop zone called “Solved”. When the user drops that particular complaint into the drop zone, the table data should change to show that the Solved column = Yes.

Is this possible? If so could someone please point me in the right direction as I am stuck with regards to the work flow.

Definitely, possible. In fact, I believe someone sells a template for Trello that you can modify to your liking - dropzones included. Just create workflow to change the complaint to “solved” when you drag the card into a new dropzone.

If you can imagine it, you can build it :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! I saw the template, but I am trying to avoid paying for anything (college student budget :P). But thanks again

Thanks so much!

We added a Kanban board to openBuild that you can use!

Example of the kanban widget:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (24)

You can play with the Kanban widget here: Kanban Widget

This widget comes with workflows and is close to plug and play. You only need to go through a few steps to successfully paste the widget in your app.

Step 1

If you haven’t already, install the openBuild extension. You can do that here.

Step 2 (Required plugins)

Make sure that the following plugins are installed:

• Draggable Elements (by Bubble)
  • openToast (by Ideable)

Step 3 (Setting up your database)

Go to the tab ‘Data’, go to the tab ‘Option sets’ and add a new option set called “Status”. You do not need to create new attributes. Add the following options:

• New option = “Backlog”
  • New option = “In progress”
  • New option = “Review”
  • New option = “Done”

Step 4

Now go to the tab ‘Data types’ and create a new type called “Task”. For this new type, create the following fields:

• Field name = “Description”
    • type = text
  • Field name = “Order”
    • type = number
  • Field name = “Status”
    • type = Status

Step 5

Go to the Kanban widget in the openBuild extension and hit ‘Pick me’. Bubble will recognize that the Kanban widget is a page and will show the popup ‘Paste a page’.

Step 6

Modify the page name if desired and paste the page by hitting ‘CREATE’

You’re done! Hit preview to check it out.