Loading Spinner - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey,
The new update 2.7 you pushed is moving the loading spinner away from the object , for example if the spinner was centered on the editor it is not centered on preview, and the size is no adjusting properly too.
Thanks.

I mentioned this the other day on the ZeroQode forum and they are looking into it. I noticed this issue too. Iā€™m just sticking with v2.5

1 Like

Dear @tomerlan5 and @underhill.dan, thanks for reaching out and noticing this issue.
Our dev team is investigating the case, and once we will make the required adjustments to bring back the normal display, we will notify you.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Dear @tomerlan5 and @underhill.dan, hello!
Apologies for the late reply and thank you for your patience.
We have fixed the minor bug that this plugin had with the spinner visualization, so no plugin update is required.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hey, again, i updated the version to 2.7 and this bug happened again, could you take a look?

Hi @tomerlan5, thanks for the reply.
Weā€™ve checked plugin functionality on our end and it works well.

Allow me to recommend you to check the plugin Demo & Editor page, to compare and check related settings:

Also, please be sure that you are using the newest version of the plugin.

In case the issue will persist, would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?

Enter your Bubble editor page ā†’ Settings ā†’ "ā€œCollaborationā€ tab ā†’ Invite a user (email).
(Note: you can add our support account to the collaborators list even if your app is on a Free plan.)

We will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it. In case it is ok for you, please let me know.

Regards,

Hello, if i use this spinner plugin on a workflow, does it appear immediate upon button click? Or is there a delay? (Because Bubble runs other backend tasks first)

If thereā€™s a delay, then it defeats the purpose of a spinnerā€¦

Hey, @jayy !

Thank you for your message.

If there is no large amount of data, that has to be extracted throughout the complex workflow, then Bubble itself is quite fast and therefore the spinning element will be activated straight away.

You can check our Demo Editor to see the workflow steps and make approximate calculations for your own result.

You can also give me a detailed description of your idea, so I can test it out for you and tell you exactly, how fast it will be.

Best regards.

If there is no large amount of data, that has to be extracted throughout the complex workflow, then Bubble itself is quite fast and therefore the spinning element will be activated straight away.

Isnā€™t that the whole idea of using a spinner? Itā€™s precisely for such workflows that take a long time!!

My workflow consists of 20+ steps with a couple of API calls that take a few seconds each.

Can I say that there isnā€™t any inbuilt functionality that makes sure the spinner runs first? Then itā€™s basically the same as me doing a rotating iconā€¦ I did that and there is a few secondsā€™ delay before the spinner starts running (even though itā€™s the first step)

P.S. I donā€™t think i can do the API on your demo editor

Hey, @jayy!

You are absolutely right, the whole idea of using the spinner is to show up when complex workflows are taking time. Sorry, if I misled you in my previous answer.
The thing is, when your workflow consists of 20+ steps, there is no precise time when the spinner will appear because this is Bubbleā€™s specifications and the speed depends on it.

Comparing to your example with adding a rotating icon, our plugin gives you a much wider range of choices for a design of the spinners and you donā€™t have to build any elements by yourself, you can simply insert the action for the plugin with the desired design.

If there is anything else you need clarification on, let us know.

Best regards.

Iā€™m trying to setup the Spinner to appear at the beginning of a backend workflow (which creates a variable number of records in the DB), and Iā€™d like for it to hide again after all records are created and displayed in the Air Calendar.

I can show the spinner okay. Iā€™ve created a flag in the DB that the backend workflow can flip when it is completed. There are states that monitor that field in the DB and after flipped, they stop showing the spinner.

Is this the best approach?

Unfortunately, the spinner goes away before many of the records are displayed in the Air Calendar. Iā€™ve not found a good way to test the timing of the backend workflow and the front end workflow to make sure all records are actually created before the spinner disappears. So I donā€™t know if the problem is that the spinner is hiding before all records are actually created or if the delay is because after the records are created, it takes a few moments to appear in the Air Calendar.

What is the best way to make sure the spinner remains on screen until the user sees all new events created in the Air Calendar?

Thanks!

Hello, @ken1. Thank you for your question and patience. :pray:

Let us please discuss your question with the plugin development dep. We will get back to you as soon as there is any feedback from the team.

Regards,
Zeroqde Support Team

@ken1, thank you for your patience.

We presume that in a range of your use case when events generation is ended in the backend workflow, the database field is changed. But on the front end, you canā€™t catch the event when the data from the database is changed.

Since the Bubble is constantly checking for database updates, we can propose to you try the following:

1. Use one of these events from the ā€œAir Calendarā€ plugin to hide the spinner. E.g., when one of these events is triggered - hide the spinner.

2. Alternatively, use one of the ā€œAir Calendarā€ actions to rerender the view when his flag from the database is changed. Then use the first variant.

All the suggestions above should be added to the frontend workflow.

Hope it helps. :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you for the reply. I have discovered that the AirCalendar is not the source of this problem. It is the data source that I am using for the calendar.

1 Like

@ken1,

Okay. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with. :sunflower:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team