Need HELP! Has anyone used the Pinterest plugin to retrieve, display data?

Has anyone used the Pinterest plugin to retrieve, display data?

I’m trying to get the boards/pins displayed in repeating groups. One thing I’m trying to do is I wanted to show pins from a specific board, instead of all the user’s pins. I managed to get the board names and the user’s pin images (all) but I can’t get it to only show one instance. I’ve tried multiple combinations of the :unique elements constraint. I also wanted to have them in order from last to first but can’t get that set up either.

Say there are 5 boards on a user’s profile.
It will show me something like
board names:

I can’t get it to show

and likewise with retrieving pins

I’m having multiple issues with it - can’t figure it out.
Can someone please help!!

I’ve posted multiple times about this and searched and read tons of posts to no avail.

I also just discovered that there’s a public forum app,

so…I duplicated my setup on there. Please take a look and tell me what is not right/ how to fix it.

With the sorting and the filtering conditions added, I get an error only when I try running it. The editor shows no errors for my setup. This is the error I see when I try running it.

OLD link in public forum app:

NEW link in public Pinterest testing app:

Hey @cooljen :slight_smile: I haven’t used the Pinterest plugin before, but just recreated your setup and it looks like you set up everything correctly! I couldn’t get the page to display any results as well when trying to sort by a Pinterest Board field. I would file a bug report on this if you can:

Hi @fayewatson! Thank you so much for responding!

I didn’t put in the key info to the plugin page so it shouldn’t actually do anything in this test setup. I didn’t want to have my app ID and secret out there so I didn’t include it!

I have a button that you press and then it signs in on Pinterest and then shows the pinterest board repeating group.

If I remove the filtering and sorting conditions, it displays the boards and the pins just fine, but it won’t display them when I have the sorting and filtering there.

1 Like

My pleasure! :slight_smile: Yes, I did notice that! I temporarily put a sign up button, an app ID and app secret key just to test as well. I also was able to show my Pinterest boards without the sort, but couldn’t once the sort filter was added again. It looks like we should be able to sort by the Pinterest Board fields since it’s not showing up as an issue in the editor, and is an option. I think a bug report is probably the best bet!

1 Like

Thank you so much faye! I so appreciate you checking it out for me! I’ve been trying to figure this out for well over a week, and sought help but was unanswered! I I didn’t think it was a bug…I thought I must be doing something wrong!

1 Like

My pleasure, Jen! :slight_smile: I totally understand - it can be so tricky to tell sometimes, and I often feel that way too! I couldn’t quite tell if this was a bug at first either, but since there are no issues - something must be going on! (I think!). Hoping it gets sorted out for your app! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are not alone. I’ve been trying this for the past few days to no avail as well.

1 Like

@lebene.sewordor

I did the bug report and they looked at it for a few days only to have Emmanuel email me to say that you currently cannot sort or filter lists from an API. Its something that they are looking into and will be working on over the next few weeks, although I didn’t gather that this may not be a top priority. He basically said he can’t guarantee a solution. I tried asking a question about another method, which I asked out on here previously but it seemed like he just ignored it.

I’m going to post another editor link with the alternative method I tried to see if anyone can offer a fix for that.

Thanks for the update. I am in the middle of a move and haven’t had much time to dig deeper. I will resume shortly and report back if I find a solution. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, feel free to check out the editor link here. You can play around with that, and see if you come up with anything there.

1 Like

Sorry Jen. I still haven’t gotten it figured out :frowning: