🎛 New plugin - theCountable (now free)

Yeah that works perfectly, thanks for solving my issue @ZeroqodeSupport!

1 Like

Yep, you got it! https://bubble.io/plugin/thecountable-1529604179466x437088273613455360

1 Like

Hi,
I have an issue when my multiline input has dynamic initial content, the count = 0.

I aldready tried adding Get Countable value on page loaded but it is not working (and if I add the condition only when multiline input is not empty, my input became empty. )

I hope you can help me please. thank you.

Hi, @edrigny!

Thanks for reaching out!

Please make sure that you have indicated the Attribute ID in the plugin element the same as in the MultilineInput:

Additionally, please add a condition in the workflow like on the Live Demo:

And third, please check if you have set a right plugin state (see screenshot as a reference)

Give it another try.

Hope this helps!
Best,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you but I already did everything that you mentionned, please check my screenshot.

#1 Please make sure that you have indicated the Attribute ID in the plugin element the same as in the MultilineInput:

#2 Additionally, please add a condition in the workflow like on the Live Demo:

#3 And third, please check if you have set a right plugin state

My issue is that it is working properly when I edit the multiline input but when I have a dynamic value as initial content for the multiline input, it is not working, I always have 0 at the beginning, instead of the number of caracters of the dynamic value.

Hey, @edrigny!

Got it! Unfortunately, this case is not reproducing on our side. However, please try to add a pause before the plugin action and give it another try.

Hope this helps!
Best,
Zeroqode Team

thank you very much. it is now working with a pause. thank you.

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam

There is a bug in your plugin.

1. If instead of typing in the multiline input, I copy and paste into it, the character limits are not imposed AT ALL.
  2. Worst, it disables Bubble’s native character limits and hence users can effectively enter unlimited characters.

This is a serious issue for me because I risk losing my API license if I allow users to enter more than the allowed number of characters.

I reported this bug to your ZQ forum and this was what I was told:

Preventing the copy-pasting manually, or by using the Hot Keys, it is an option, which is related not only to the plugin but to the Bubble platform and clipboard.

Generally, this plugin was created not for pasting the block of information into the multiline input, but for writing.
Taking into consideration this, you can simply mention the “Only writing” factor within your application.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,

Can you please confirm that you are not fixing this? So I can find alternative solutions. Thanks.

Hi @jayy !

Thaks for reaching out!

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for this situation. :pray:
There was a misunderstanding. We understand how important this may be to you, so we are currently testing the feasibility of achieving what you asked for. Please bear with us while we check.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hello, @jayy
Thanks for your patience.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have faced with this plugin and its functionality.
After a careful analysis of our capabilities, we found a way to improve the plugin, as per your request :slightly_smiling_face:

Now, you will be able to limit the number of symbols not only for writing the text but for the copy\pasting it in the input.
However, please allow us to mention that this restriction will work only in case, you will choose the “Limit by All” in the plugin element settings:

We always strive to provide the best support and we really try to improve all our products, as it requested :pray:

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. It will help you to work with an upgraded version of the plugin.
Hope that you will enjoy it.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks, it works now.

Hello, @jayy
Happy to hear that is working as you need.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have faced with this plugin, however, we are always happy to assist our users :slightly_smiling_face:
In case any additional questions will appear - please let us know :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

Update: My users found yet another bug with the plugin. Sometimes the actual character limit is much lower than what is configured.

I gave up on this plugin and decided to use a paid one instead (Realtime char counter) which works flawlessly.

I think you guys really need to relook into your development processes. Your plugins are not properly tested prior to deployment and I remember one time the change wasn’t even deployed to Bubble at all :sweat_smile:

Hello, @
We apologize for the inconvenience you have faced with the plugin.

Please allow us to mention that we have repeatedly tested the plugin functionality and it works properly, so all the symbols are counted correctly.

As we strive to provide the best product and make our users happy, this plugin was upgraded by adding a possibility to limit the number of symbols not only for writing the text but for the copy\pasting it in the input.
Restriction for copy/pasting works only in case, you will choose the “Limit by All” in the plugin element settings.

We are sorry to hear that the plugin still has not satisfied your needs, but our team always tries to ensure the highest quality for the products, at times bugs or glitches may happen.
It could be caused by more than just our work, but also technical malfunctions of the platforms we work with. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you for your feedback, we will definitely work on self-improvements :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi Guys

I am sharing two screen recordings that show two issues with the plugin I hope you can solve:

1. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

In this first video you can see the plugin working with one Word document, yet it doesn’t open the second Word document.

1. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

In this second video, when I open the Word document it gives the correct wordcount of 102 Words. But when I open the PDF which is the exact same document, it gives a wordcount of over 500 words.

Please advise what the cause of these two discrepancies are, and if they have solutions.

Good morning team @ZeroqodeSupport

Have you had a chance to check my loom videos above?

Hello, @phrase9!
Thank you for reaching out!

Please allow me to clarify one thing: do you use the theCountable Plugin or Documents Reader - Word Counter? The actions on your video recording are very similar to the first one.
Thank you for an answer :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi, sorry yes I am actually using both plugins but the issue in the video is related to Documents Reader - Word Counter plugin

@phrase9, Thank you for the clarification!

Please allow us to discuss your case internally with our Developer team. :pray:
We’ll investigate it and will revert with a reply ASAP.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

No worries, thanks