🎛 New plugin - theCountable (now free)

Hi, @phrase9!

Your use case has been forwarded to our team for investigation. The final conclusion may take a little longer to be made. Anyway, we will publish a reply on the forum as to the reason for this issue and the way of its resolution.

Thanks for your patience and for understanding! :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Any updates on this?

Hello, @phrase9.
Please accept our apologies for the late reply.

We have fixed the reported issue. Please update your plugin to the latest version (1.9.0) and give it a try.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

I updated the plugin but I see no change. Both issues remain: the pdf still gives a bigger wordcount than the same word document, and the one word document gets read while the other one doesn’t

@ZeroqodeSupport

With regards to the word document that doesn’t get read, I think I figured out the issue. The Word file was in “compatibility mode”. When I converted it to latest version it worked.

But the same PDF and Word document still give vastly different readings. The Word doc is correct reading of 100 plus words while PDF gives around 500 words which is incorrect.

@phrase9,

Our apologies, let us please check it once again.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@phrase9, thank you for your patience.

We have additionally investigated the plugin work with PDF and DOC(X) files and have figured out that if the abovementioned files contain tables, charts, graphic elements, etc., the plugin will result in an incorrect number of counted words.

We recommend using it with the files that contain plain text for the correct plugin’s work. Of course, we understand that the most common use case is a PDF/DOC(X) file with some tables inside, but sadly we are limited by the library, used for this plugin.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ok if you cannot do anything about this it is fine thanks but please mention this limitation on your plugin page

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Further to our discussion above, I thought I could use the Document Reader plugin just with Word files seeing as you said PDF files cannoot give accurate wordcounts. But I discovered that with Word it does not recognize other scripts such as Arabic and Russian. This will be an issue for my app. Can this be fixed?

Another question I have is, seeing as this plugin only reads the content without uploading the files, is there a way for the actual files to be uploaded to bubble without the user having to upload the files again?

Hi @phrase9, thanks for your questions.

Allow us to check them internally, and come with feedback asap.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @phrase9, thanks for your patience :pray:

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the issue with Arabic and Russian scripts (for txt and docx files).

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.10.0: Fixed docx reader and added all languages. ) and give it a try.

Yes, this can be achieved by indicating the source in Bubble db.

Please let us know if there is anything else about our plugin that we can help with.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you for adding the multilingual feature. You may have saved me from searching for a custom solution. Is it too difficult to add this feature for PDF files as well?

Hi @phrase9, thanks for your question.

It works with pdf type of files too, but currently used library has one particularity that we can’t change regretfully, when within one word there is a “-” it might count one word as two.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Still unsolved. Please @ZeroqodeSupport fix.

My use case:
an API sends a text to an input (Input A) → countable element (Countable A) gets the count of that input’s words → a different input element (Input B) shows Countable A’s words.
As it is now, after the API displays the text in Input A, Input B shows 0 as the count, but as soon as I type even a space in the input (A) the count corrects and displays the word count correctly.

Hello, @hoke
Thanks for reaching out and reporting your issue.

We’ve just tested the same scenario ( instead of API text, we used input with the text in it):

• Input A contains the text;
  • Multiline input A initial content is the text from Input A;
  • We have Input B, where the Countable A words are counted.

Once the page is loaded, we receive the correct number of words, paragraphs and etc even without typing.
Please check:

In order to investigate, what exactly is wrong on your side, please share the screenshots of your current settings, so we will replicate when on our side.

We are looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I also have same issue as @hoke

My case: User inputs text to InputA > Sent to API > API returns value to InputB

Problem is that the plugin does not count the words of InputB unless I manually click in to InputB and type something, then it updates the word count fine.

Is there anything I can add to my workflow to avoid having to manually type in to InputB to get the correct word count? I would like to use the word count in my workflow to alter a thing in my database.

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport - Any suggestions for above problem please?

Hi @ashley.russell77,
Thank you for your message.

Please check the above reply: 🎛 New plugin - theCountable (now free) - #78 by ZeroqodeSupport
Also, for reference, you can see our test page here: redubleplugins | Bubble Editor

From your description, it is not clear to us what your API is doing and if there are any workflows in between. If your use case differs from the above example, please share screenshots of your setup, a screencast video describing the problem or your editor page with access to it, and short step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue on our side.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

@ZeroqodeSupport

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a couple of screenshots that might help explain a bit more. If required I can do a video later when I get home.

In this first shot you can see a question being asked and the API returning the result to the multi line input box. As you can see, the words are not getting counted.

As you can see here, as soon as I manually add a space at the end of the text, the words get counted:

I was hoping to have some way to have the words counted without manually entering a space.

Hi @ashley.russell77,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

theCountable Plugin is quite simple to use, it has just one action: Get Countable Values Countable A, which can be used in the workflow, in your case once the Submit button is clicked and the Multiline input element is filled with results from API, use the above action with the condition, when this multiline input element value is not empty, as you can see in the screenshots below:

In our example, the action is triggered on page load, and the characters are counted automatically without having to type something in the Multiline Input element. See the test demo page for references:

You can also do this another way with custom events, and schedule them to trigger when the result from API request is completed, see the plugin demo page for example: redubleplugins | Bubble Editor

Please try our suggestions and let us know if they helped you. :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.