Script in tag manager to load bubble software

Hello Bubble Developers/Freelancers,

My marketing software created using Bubble is meant to be used as part of on an e-commerce site. I have seen other marketing software providers use a “single line of code” in the e-commerce website’s tag manager in order to install software. I am wondering if someone knows how to write this code for my Bubble app. I want to tell my clients how to put the line of code into their tag manager and my software will run on their site. Anyone know how to do this?

For example, this page on Advanced Auto Parts is actually a 3rd party software installed with a “single line of code” in the tag manager for this site

Thanks!

Tim

1 Like

I’ve typically seen this done with either an iframe or javascript (and I believe HTML 5 is done some now, but not 100% sure on that). I don’t really know how to set up javascript for this myself (or HTML 5) so I’m not sure how well that works with Bubble.

I do know it’s easy to set-up your site to embed into another site with an iframe. Essentially, you just reference a specific page on your site within the iframe and then user’s will see that page from your site when visiting the other site.

I’d search google for “how to create an iframe widget” and start reading.

Best of luck!

thank you @sridharan.s with an iframe doesnt the page render as a single page? i.e. there is no SEO benefit? for example, if my software were installed on store.com/software then users will view different pages of my software all on store.com/software (not store.com/software/page1 and store.com/software/page2, etc.) ?

Here’s my understanding (although I’m certainly not an expert on this subject):

With an iframe, the page does render as a single page on the other site. This doesn’t mean there’s no SEO benefit though. Additionally, I’ve seen people include a single line of code so that it shows an iframe and then a few links back to their own site below the iframe - all within that single line of code. That approach can help your own SEO as well.

I don’t know whether there’s a way to have your app be included as multiple URLs on another site with a single line of code. What I have seen done is you create a subdomain on your site and they reference it from their site (likely through their DNS lookup/editor tool) so that it appears to users as if it’s their own site (and it’s included on their site as a separate subdomain). This way, it has a bunch of different URLs, etc.

That’s a bit more complicated than a single line of code though (but not crazy complicated or anything).

Yes @sridharan.s the subdomain route is definitely what I am selling to clients. Its the easiest I think - all they need to do is point the domain to my software, link to it in their main site and bingo its “sort of” integrated. However, I have seen other companies out there advertise a “single line of code” that can be added to Google Tag Manager for example and that brings in their software so I am wondering how that works. If I find out, I will post here. :grinning:

1 Like

If they are adding a single line of code to their page, you could also have them add a single line of code to the header, and focus your SEO resources there. If there is a change to the SEO code, it won’t affect the embedded UIUX.

Subdomain means you need to maintain their branding and take on DNS issues, not just the code in the iFrame. Asking someone to change their DNS is a larger obstacle for people who look for single-line-of-code solutions. Plus your client’s developer will rarely have access to your client’s DNS, and it usually takes days for clients to make the change, and they usually do it wrong. In that case, the dev, the registrar, and your client will blame you, something they will bond nicely over. With the iframe, the client will blame the dev, and you won’t have to spend time teaching tech-ignorant customers how DNS works, which is much less fun than it sounds.

1 Like