SLOW SLOW SLOW please reassure us!

Interesting. Unfortunately, my app is pretty large with lots of elements on certain pages so the memory buildup is inevitable. I really notice that FF is more stable. The 64bit version I just started using seems to help too.

I know Bubble is focusing on performance lately and Iā€™ve noticed improvements, letā€™s hope this continues. Glad to hear FF64 is working out for you! Surely by 2020 OS and browser companies will have to raise this 4GB limit. Kind of ridiculous we canā€™t fully utilize our 16,32,64 etc GB of RAM in our machines :disappointed:

Iā€™m curious if the Dedicated Bubble plan would improve the editor performance like it does the consumer-facing appā€¦ worst case scenario Bubble will be held back by OS/Browser limitations for years to come. I can imagine a future version of Bubble that allows you to load specific workflow folders/pages while leaving out data/views/workflows you do not need access to. In this way, you could prevent 1-2GB of memory from being used simply because you never loaded it in the first place. I think when Bubble has more than a few dozen mainstream apps each getting tons of use (and multiple team members editing the apps) they will of course have to build new functionality like version splitting in order to support the growth of these companies. This is the way Bubble has evolved over time since day 1, so even though I can point out disappointments with the editor today, I can shut out negative emotions knowing full well that Emmanuel and the rest of the team are working hard at addressing issues in order of importance and priority. You canā€™t rush perfection because perfection doesnā€™t exist; slow and steady daily improvements wins every time.

4 Likes

Thanks so much @Scott. Adding &issues_off=true in the URL made a HUGE difference. :sweat_smile: My single page app with hundreds of elements is now responsive!