Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thank you so much! Really looking forward to trying this out. :slight_smile: I will let you know once I send out the next update. Thanks!!!

Hi all, I am fairly new to Bubble so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I am trying to use this plugin to save customer contracts to my bubble database. The contracts contain sensitive customer information, so I don’t want to upload them publicly to AWS. Is there a way to directly save the generated PDFs to my private bubble database as a “file” data type without first uploading uploading them to AWS? Thanks in advance!

Hey Eric,
yes, that’s definitely possible, but in the process the file will be saved to Bubble AWS - however Bubble is very strict about the security and privacy and if you configure everything correctly no one will be able to access the file except the users that you give permission to.
Hope this helps
Thanks!

@levon, thanks for the quick response. Any way you could point me in the right direction on where I can configure the permissions for the bubble AWS access. Right now, the uploaded documents are publicly viewable. Example here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1540505201536x732196521479636500/doc.pdf

Hi Eric,
in my previous reply i made an error, i thought you were referring to our AWS uploader plugin.
So as for the PDF plugin, I believe you can use Bubble’s privacy policy in order to limit the access to the generated files. but first you need to store the link in your bubble database and then define policy of who can access those files.
Go to your App - then Data - then Privacy - and choose the data type where you store the link and configure the policy.
Hope this helps

Levon, thanks again for the quick replies. I’m still having trouble though. I think I understand how file privacy is generally supposed to work:

1. upload a file
  2. set it to be private
  3. attach it to a thing
  4. set privacy rules for the thing

This makes total sense to me. The problem that I’m running into is that steps 2 and 3 from above normally happen through the built in Bubble File Uploader element.

In the page to pdf converter element, I don’t see the option to mark files as private or to attach them to a thing when uploading them bubble AWS. I also can’t figure out a way to attach files uploaded as public to a thing after they have been uploaded.

I tried creating a field of type “File” and then setting the field = uploaded url by modifying the thing in the workflow triggered by the convert page to pdf upload to AWS finishing. This doesn’t seem to work though and the file’e are still publicly viewable.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

There is no need to mark the file as private. you can simply create a field of type “text” mark it as private in the privacy settings and store the link to the uploaded file there. Yes, the link will still be publicly accessible if someone gets hold of it, but how can someone get it unless the person who has the right to access it shares the link?

Hey @levon,

Did anything change recently to the PDF plugin. For some odd reason one of my workflows stopped working. Not sure what happened. I haven’t touched anything related to the PDF part of things. Did something change? I have two PDF pages. One is working for the single page one, however, the multipage that I created before stopped working. Any ideas? Anyone else having these issues?

A customer just told me that they can’t download the PDFs anymore.

Ok, so i figured out that the most stable release is 1.14.0

Once I update to the next release I am no longer able to download the PDF.

Hi Jason,
we’ll check this out
thanks1

Thanks. :slight_smile: Sorry I didn’t catch to sooner. My users only go to my site once a month or once a week so I didn’t get the feedback sooner.

Hi,

Is there a known bug with floating groups? I’ve been struggling with this all afternoon but haven’t found any mention of it.

My header is a reusable floating group and is outside of the element that I am using as a frame for my pdf.
When I generate the pdf there is a white space at the top of the pdf which looks to be the same dimensions as the header. I have tried setting a unique id attribute for the header and telling the pdf converter to ignore that element id but it hasn’t made any difference.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Adam

Images for reference:

Hello All,

1. Our app seem to be printing blank pages between . This didnt happen earlier and I am looking into it. Did anyone else have this issue ?

2. I am still unable to create a linebreaker when there are repeating groups. Meaning. the number of rows and text in each row is a variable. I want the PDF to break when it reaches the last 10% of the page and move to next page but due to the repeating group its not happening.

Did anyone have working with either of these issues ?

2 Likes

Hi @Prashant and @ajsmith2011
we’ll check these out
meanwhile you might want to revert to the previous version of the plugin and see if it works better

I also have blank pages now when before I didn’t have blank pages too.

1 Like

Even we revert to another free plugin the blank pages still are printing causing an issue with live customers. Did anyonne find this issue as well ? I am yet to try older version of this plugin.

I confirm rolling back to 1.14 V eliminates blanks

@Prashant, @J805
as for the blank pages and workflow errors, I suggest upgrading to the latest version, trying to move the plugin element 1 px and then back on the page, it should reinitiate the code, if the problem persists then we’d need access to your apps to check this out, please add vlad.betivu@zeroqode.com as a collaborator and send all the instructions how to reproduce the issue.

@ajsmith2011
we are adding support for floating groups, I will update soon
thanks

1 Like

Thanks. I will try it out and keep you posted.